Within a couple of days after the funeral, our After Care Director Ian MacDonald will contact you to make an appointment to start the process of getting the affairs in order.
During the visit, the Family Care Counsellor will complete the following forms where it is applicable;
• Notify Social Insurance
• Notify Ministry of Health
• Help determine CPP eligibility for deceased
• CPP - Death Benefit Application
• CPP - Survivors Pension Application
• Certify Marriage certificate and return it to the family
• Advice on required aspects of estate closure
• Advice on closing credit/rewards/membership cards
• Offer education and assistance with prearranging of the survivors funeral needs
Ian has been a licensed funeral director in Ontario for over 12 years, working as both a pre-need and aftercare director. Ian brings passion for helping families when they most need it. Ian's role also includes assisting families with pre-planning their arrangements
There are many things that need to be done before and after the funeral and Ian's goal is to help people accomplish those in a timely and proper manor to minimize the burden placed on those left behind.
When not helping familes in their time of need, Ian enjoys volunteering at Ferndale Publisc School where he is active in both the School Beautification and Christmas Float Committees as well as being active in the Parent Council. Ian feels that St Catharines is a great community and is proud to be able to give back to it.
Ian may be reached at the funeral home at 905-937-4444
or you may direct any inquiries to his email using the form below.